Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Writing Prompts

Tomorrow is Halloween, one of my favorite holidays. (Well, is it really a holiday? HMM.) Any way, this is a good time to harness our inner scaredy cat. Today's prompts are all in the spirit (pun not intended, I swear) of Halloween.


First, a picture prompt...or two.






That second photo has been one of my favorites since I first saw it when I was a kid. I've always wanted to have a poster of it made and hung up in my writing room. (When I get a writing room set up that is.)



OK, time for some non-photo prompts.



*Pretend that you are a jack-o-lantern. Describe Halloween from a jack-o-lantern's point of view.

*Write a Halloween acrostic using one of these words: ghost, monster, mummy, skeleton, vampire, witch. (For those new to this {I had to look it up myself.} , write a poem where each line begins with a letter in the chosen word.)



Well, that should be plenty to get you started. Happy Writing.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin